This release introduces Dynamic Type with templates and an improved font panel.
July 27, 2017
- Full support for TextLayer in Design and Code.
- Templates for manipulating and animating text — See docs.
- Feather Icons to icon panel.
- Loading speed of Design tab.
- Keyboard control of property panel.
- Font panel now has a search option.
- Font panel now shows font previews.
- Positioning of artboards when duplicating.
- Layer panel scrolls to selected layer on canvas.
- TextLayers update when a font finishes loading.
- Distribute layers with different sizes evenly.
- Bug where setting border color would reset gradient fill.
- Bug where Canvas would jump when selecting gradient.
- Bug where hue would change when dragging color panel.
- Text selection in Design when dragging outside of the text frame.
- Bug where first TextLayer would not be positioned at 0,0 by default.
- Bug where z-position would not take device-pixel-ratio into account.
This release introduces Gradients and a new way to manage your color presets.
July 5, 2017
- Support for Gradients in Design and Code.
- Color preset management.
- Animation support for
backgroundColor(fill) of SVG Icons.
- Animation support for
borderWidthof layers created in Design.
- Animation support for
borderRadiusof layers created in Design.
- Sound files can be dropped on Framer.
- Color sampler now shows hex value.
- Performance when copying and pasting large objects.
- Behavior when zooming the canvas in Design mode.
- Incorrectly showed snapping distance in some cases.
- Color picker did not reset when invalid values were entered.
- Framer Library upgrade caused data loss.
This release brings Facebook Sound Kit integration, to design with sound in mind.
June 27, 2017
- Facebook Sound Kit to the Snippets menu.
- Rotation behavior on mobile devices.
- Preview window snapping to app window when minimized.
- Potential data loss when saving during quit.
June 23, 2017
- Ability to cancel Cloud uploads.
- In-app Mirror and Cloud popovers.
- Scaling of device content in the preview.
- Performance of direct manipulation in Design.
- Apple Watch device preference not stored.
- Copy and pasting of layer names with context menu.
- Selection state of 1px layers when zoomed in.
- Pasted layers not taking hierarchy into account.
- Layers pasted on Canvas being placed in an artboard.
This release brings various fixes to copy and pasting, text layers in code and more.
June 15, 2017
- Support for web font replacements of missing fonts.
- Context menu to artboard title.
- Apple Watch 42mm device compression.
- Icon search case insensitivity.
- Images missing after pasting into new files.
- Cut, copy and paste on macOS 10.11.
- Text layers being upscaled in preview.
- SVG icons (10) imported as images.
- Antialiasing of hidden layers in Layer Panel.
- Blurry selection controls of pasted layers.
- Pasting of values within the color picker.
- Context menu for highlighted element.
- MIDIComponent compatibility with Cloud. Thanks to Marc Krenn.
- Rounding bug of draggable layers. Thanks to Daniel Eden.
- Removed empty image from
scroll: truein a Layer constructor.
- In-app support for first time users.
- Potential crash on open.
This release brings various fixes and refinements to Framer Design.
June 8, 2017
- Context menu for layers.
- Escape to exit full screen Preview.
This release brings various fixes and refinements to Framer Design.
June 7, 2017
- A context menu to the Canvas.
- Preview window resizing with custom devices.
- Distance visualization of overlapping layers.
- Position of updates badge in toolbar.
- File size of preview images.
- Device Snippets in Code.
- Layers pasted on canvas having a different size.
- Apple Watch screen resolution to points.
- Pasted images not showing in Chrome.
- Crashes when pasting Vector files.
- Size of upscaled SVGs.
Introducing Framer Design, a graphics tool engineered specifically for interaction work. Draw on artboards directly in Framer, then switch over to Code to animate.
May 31, 2017
- A new Design tab with a canvas and full-featured toolkit.
- Ability to target layers in Design for animating in Code.
- New account setup and onboarding flow for all users.
- An all-new Beginner Tutorial with multi-screen example.
- Links to Get Started guides in sidebar menus.
- Support for separate border styles per side.
- Support for a separate border radius per corner.
- In-app Intercom support chat.
- Updated Welcome window with more examples.
- FlowComponent with auto-guessing of header and footer.
- Changed from pixel to point design.
- Collapseable sidebar in both Design and Code.
- Snapping behavior of Preview window.
- Handling of fullscreen behavior of Preview window.
- CMD+W to close a document when Preview window is active.
- Better handling for Auto-Code when editing states.
This release brings you a completely redesigned interface, detaching code from canvas for a smarter but simpler workflow.
April 26, 2017
- New sidebar with instant access to layers, states, animations and more.
- All-new detachable preview window.
- New preview modes without devices.
- New welcome window with examples and resources.
- Device switching with quick access to various platforms.
- Cleaner, more concise snippets.
- Welcome window examples.
- Fixed errors when editing states within events.
- Fixed right-click in properties panel.
This release introduces Framer Type, allowing you to design and animate text in Framer.
March 23, 2017
- The TextLayer to the library. See Docs.
- Insert Menu item for the TextLayer.
- In-App Docs & Auto-Complete for the TextLayer.
- A utility to load web fonts to the library.
- In-app Cloud integration.
This release brings the ability to create Range Sliders to the Framer Library.
March 3, 2017
- The RangeSliderComponent to the library. See Docs.
- Snippet for the RangeSliderComponent.
- Auto-Completion for the SliderComponent.
- Auto-Completion for the RangeSliderComponent.
- Auto-Completion for Value Change Events.
- In-app documentation of the RangeSliderComponent.
- In-app documentation of Value Change Events.
- In-app documentation of the SliderComponent.
This update fixes minor issues in the app.
February 21, 2017
- Welcome window projects would show an update dialog.
This update brings fixes and improvements to Handoff, a new way to define and re-use your spring animations.
February 18, 2017
- Update Library window would not show.
- Preview would show indefinite spinner on some Macs.
- Editing index.html in the project folder would cause a reload without unsaved changes.
This update introduces Handoff, a new way to define and re-use your spring animations.
February 15, 2017
- A new Spring curve syntax, using damping. See Docs.
- The ability to time your Spring animations.
- Auto-Code support for the new Spring syntax.
- Right-click to copy layer animation values.
- CMD + Click on a layer in the panel to edit its state.
- Syntax of Easing animation curves.
- Syntax of Bezier animation curves.
- FlowComponent Auto-Complete.
- Scrolling to top when reopening in-app docs.
- Removed deprecated syntax from Auto-Complete.
This update fixes minor issues in the app.
January 30, 2017
- Saving a project caused a short hang.
- Context menu of layer panel did not show with ctrl-click.
This update adds handy new shortcuts that speed up your workflow.
January 26, 2017
- Directly add animations, states and events for layers from the layer panel.
cmdand click on a layer in the viewer to jump into edit mode.
- ‘Update Framer Library’ not working correctly.
- Framer not relaunching after ‘Move to Applications folder’.
This update fixes minor issues and features improvements to the app.
January 10, 2017
- Always save to disk before saving to Cloud.
- Update Node.js version used for module builder.
- Updated the Present toolbar icon.
- Saving could be slow on some Macs.
- Device Launcher becoming blurry or cropped.
- Use sRGB color space in Auto Code color picker.
December 23, 2016
- Undo when editing Auto Code properties.
- Crash when closing documents on macOS 10.11.
- Project documents not opening on some computers.
December 22, 2016
- Save to Cloud with
⌃ ⌘ S.
- Handle special characters in filenames when opening from Cloud.
- Longer timeout for upload to Cloud.
- Handling of line breaks when pasting code.
- Various crashes.
December 20, 2016
- Framer Cloud integration.
- Framer Cloud uploading experience.
- Framer Cloud toolbar icon and popover.
- JP2 compatibility for different versions of macOS.
- Overall stability.
- Highlighting bug of multiline comments.
- Highlighting bug of folds.
- A possible crash when updating modules.
December 1, 2016
- The FlowComponent — see full documentation.
- New FlowComponent snippets.
- New FlowComponent auto-completion.
- JPEG2000 rendering of device resources.
Utils.labelLayerfont size rendering.
November 24, 2016
- New syntax coloring theme.
- Refreshed toolbar icons.
- Light Layer & Properties Panel Design.
- Google Pixel Devices.
- Modules can be put in subdirectories of the modules folder.
- Limited support for while loops.
- Performance of the editor and the app in general.
- Alignment of line numbers and edit buttons.
- Contrast of multiline strings and comments.
- Error indications in code editor.
- Converted codebase to Swift 3.
- Issue when commenting multiple lines around a code fold.
- Crash when commenting multiple lines of code.
- Sketch importing for text layers with newlines.
- Sketch importing for flipped layers.
- Syntax highlighting issues, including multiline highlights.
- Animating to
October 13, 2016
- Layer and State animation editing abilities.
- New AutoCode Animation Panel for properties and options.
- A way to edit multiple animations (in loops) simultaneously.
- New Layer and state animation insert options.
- New playback controls to loop, play and slowdown animations.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Properties and Options panels.
- Close button to print console.
- Auto-Code detection of layers in event handlers.
- Auto-Code detection of layers in do-blocks.
- Auto-hiding of print console in edit mode.
- Lookup of delayed animations in Framer.Context.
- Welcome Window Examples and Snippets to new syntax.
- Import sheet transparency bug on Sierra.
- Border-radius of input fields in AutoCode Panels.
- Bug when sharing projects with deep subdirectories.
- Bug in
- Project showing warnings in the console when sharing.
- Error in console when opening new documents.
October 4, 2016
animation.finish()to directly jump to a layer’s final state.
- Support for inline base64 images with
- The default animation options of PageComponents.
- Layer names of "0" to correctly show up in the layer panel.
stateCycle()to keep using the set animation options.
- State animations to correctly listen to
- Animations to not be executed when no properties were changed.
September 29, 2016
- Inline reporting of errors.
- Autocomplete suggestions for code errors.
- iPhone 7 Devices.
- iPhone 7 Plus Devices.
- Apple Watch Series 2 Devices.
- Apple Watch Nike+ Devices.
- Handling of expired licenses.
- Additional Autocomplete suggestions.
- Clear errors when mixing spaces and tabs.
- Jump to error when clicking the error message.
- Changes to modules automatically trigger a reload.
- Always render device when embedded in an
- Line numbers at large font sizes.
- Desktop and TV devices could be rotated.
- Better module debugging in the inspector using source maps.
- VideoLayer for iOS 10 (thanks George Kedenburg III).
September 8, 2016
- Detachable canvas for dual-screen prototyping.
- Device Launcher for a quick start.
- Apple Macbook Pro Device.
- Apple Macbook Air Device.
- Apple Macbook Device.
- Apple iMac Device.
- Dell XPS Device.
- Sony TV Device.
- Welcome window experience with community search.
- Welcome window examples.
- Device menu organization.
- Allow hints color to be set.
- Touch emulation disabled on desktop devices.
- Custom cursor bugs in edit mode.
- Zooming on custom devices.
- Imported Sketch filenames with special characters.
- Layer Panel scrolling issues.
- Copied layer names in Layer Panel.
- Insert Menu not working after first import.
August 23, 2016
- Import your designs from Figma, the online graphics editor.
Screen.midYto return center values of the screen.
- Snippets for hints and sharing chrome.
- Now firing Move events when scrolling with mouse wheel.
- Now firing Scroll events when animating
- Improved loading state when generating project preview images.
- 10 second timeout when generating project preview images.
- Keep imports above the Project Info fold.
- Crash on
August 4, 2016
- A preloader for images and media before displaying the design.
- Hints to indicate interactive areas.
- Sharing Component that displays project information when shared.
- Animation option for looping:
- Animation option to run instantly:
Framer.Infosnippet in a fold by default for new projects.
- Automatic snapshot creation to give a rich project sharing preview.
- Option to place snippets in folders for better organization.
- A warning when sharing projects with long filenames.
- Point conversion APIs between Layer, Canvas and Screen.
- Cursor images to be overridable. Find the images in
- Gesture event points to be screen based.
- Image scaling in Chrome on retina devices.
- Devices on Chrome to use
.webpcompression for faster loading.
- SliderComponent to work vertically.
ywhen there's no width or height.
- ScrollComponent naming in layer panel.
layer.copynow also copy over layer styles.
- Snippet organisation, naming and content.
- Snippet editability with a shortcut (Hold
- Sharing by increasing the maximum file size to 32MB.
- The looks for errors that occur in external scripts.
- URLs to be clickable when holding down CMD.
- An issue where EdgeSwipe gestures didn’t work.
- An issue with Framer.Defaults not being saved.
- An issue where Layer names would differ in the browser.
- A reference error introduced when working with States.
- BackgroundLayer as Screen.backgroundColor is preferred.
July 21, 2016
- Mirror security with an access code per project.
- Mirror menu to contain a link to the new Framer for iOS.
- Support for submenus in the snippet menu by creating folders.
- Import paths to be clickable when pressing
- Images to be added by dragging straight from Sketch.
- Gesture Events to be device screen based rather then Canvas based.
- Syntax highlighting for numbers starting with a
- A scroll lag in the editor when clicking layers in the layer panel.
- The ordering of user added snippets.
- Issues with Sketch 39.
- Font rendering issues in folds on resize.
- Interactions with arrow keys in folds.
- Issues with special characters in document name.
- Positioning issues with Sketch Importer.
- Issues with image loading.
- An issue with scrolling nested ScrollComponents.
- An issue with BackgroundLayer when no device is present.
- An issue where the normal and multi-touch cursors looked different.
June 30, 2016
Shift + Tabfor outdenting.
- Saving of projects for third-party tools.
- Overwrite existing projects by moving them to trash.
- A proxy no longer disables Framer projects.
- Device rotation support.
- Several issues on macOS Sierra.
- An issue where the last PageComponent page was hidden.
- An issue where
- An issue where code highlighting would disappear.
June 9, 2016
- Code Folds to help you manage big projects.
- MIDI support with the
- Importer support for Sketch 3.9.
- Local preview URL stays the same across launches.
- Auto refresh setting by moving it to the menu.
- Recent files are now keyboard selectable.
- Reloading when
- An issue that sent an email after a crash.
- An issue where the layer panel wouldn’t show all code.
- A hard crash when errors occur with a cyclic data structure.
May 11, 2016
- Support for PDF and SVG image dropping
- A file manifest for future offline caching
- The build number when you click the version in the about window
- Most common error tracking with the goal to learn about and eventually improve error messages
Utils.randomImage(size)to quickly get a random unsplash image
Context.destroy()to destroy contexts
Color.grey(value)to quickly create grey values
- On/off shortcuts for
- A pdf image placeholder for browsers that don’t support inline pdf’s
- Upload error messaging if unsuccessful
- Looks for auto complete window
- Speed by updating to latest V8
- The way files are saved
- The way auto code works with default values for objects
.gitignorefile for projects to exclude updated files
- The size of the error button
- The looks of the update framer.js and download project windows
- Behavior of lines numbers when changing the editor font size
Utils.round(value)to take increments, min and max values
Alignto directly work with point
layer.pointto optionally take a single number
Canvasto emit “change:x” for width, height, size and frame
- States to optionally take parents
- An issue where undo adding a layer state didn’t remove
- An issue where text inserted by auto code got garbled
- Multiple undo issues with the editor
- An issue with uploading unneeded files (like “Icon\r”)
- An issue with uploading errors due to ssl
- An issue where Framer would quit before saving changes
- An issue where documents couldn’t be closed, or the app couldn’t quit
- An issue with file backups in
- An issue with the trial button being cut off
- An issue where beta would show the stable icon in the about window
- An issue where reizing ScrollComponent changes the scroll position
- Multiple issues when point, size and frame used Align
- An issue with gestures on Android
- An issue in the touch emulator where you clicked option before you moved your mouse
- Issues setting constructor options for
- An issue where tablets would identify as a phone
- A retina image subsampling issue on Chrome and future Safari
- An issue where an invalid context index would be set
April 25, 2016
- Support for simple calculations in the Property Panel
- Basic metadata like style and string for Sketch imports
- Visual error state with a new color
- The default font of the Property Panel to San Francisco
- Sketch Symbol Artboards are now ignored
- An issue where visually editing layers could lead to broken code
- A set of issues caused by "undo"
- Rare crashes with the type inferencer
- Issues that made files to go into an unsaved state when already saved
- A crash that occurred when using
- An issue where modifying colors modified the color instances
- An issue where setting HTML would change the background
- An issue where symbol overrides were ignored
- Import issues caused by fragile output parsing with Sketch
- Import issue where Framer picked the wrong version of Sketch
- Issue that occurred when properties were set to NaN
April 12, 2016
- The Align class, full documentation here
- The default Layer size to 200 by 200
- The default Layer color to neutral grey
- How detection for click versus drag works
- The default spring curve to a more subtle spring
- The way images fill if a Layer is too small, this now centers it
- General animation performance
- The application name to Framer.app, dropping Studio
- The default variable name for images and videos is now the file name
- The document upgrade dialog
- Issues between draggable Layers and several components